Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Female Relief Society of Nauvoo

I got to be in the Relief Society Re-enactment this past Thursday and Friday, and I got to play an ancestor of mine, Nancy Naomi Alexander Tracy.



Here I am at the end, singing 'As Sisters in Zion' with the other sisters.



Here's 'Nancy' with Joseph and Emma. They were the sweetest couple! I hope they're able to come back next year.

I was so glad to be able to participate in the Re-enactment, and I wish that every person I knew were able to see it.

5 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

You did a great job. I'm really glad we were there to see it. Thanks for putting us up, too. And no, I did not put the cheese in the freezer.

Mum said...

You did a great job. I love great-great grandma Tracy!

Eliza R. Snow
(aka Beverly)

BTW, tell Bob the cake was splendiferous!

Ramona said...

Thanks!

Beverly, do you have a blog?

fixthepain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fixthepain said...

We must be related!~ Nancy Naomi Alexander Tracy is my Great Great Grandmother, who I was named after. (can you guess my first name?) My Grandmother (Florence Almina Tracy) was Nancy's grand daughter, (Helon Henry Tracy's daughter) ...and as you know, Helon Henry Tracy was Nancy's 7th son that was born in Council Bluffs. My grandmother, Florence Almina Tracy, married Howard Hall and they had 5 boys, all born in Marriott Utah, where Nancy Naomi lived out her years. The oldest of those 5 boys is my father. I would love to hear more about your play! You can send an email to artsy-fartsy@comcast.net