Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweet Boy!

So, my July 13th due date had me up at 5 in the morning because I was so uncomfortable, and later going to the Dr. for my last prenatal appt! Whoo-hoo! I was ready for this kid to be out!

So, they checked my urine (gross, I know, but important to the story) and my blood pressure. My pee had 5 units of sugar in it, and it had never had any in it before. And my blood pressure had gone up 30 pts. Those two things=possible gestational diabetes. FUN! So, that plus Emily telling the Dr. that she (Emily) HAD to be there for the birth, (and could she catch the baby, too?) = the Dr. sending me to the hospital to be induced, because I had finally gotten lucky, and there were no other OB patients in that day!
So, we go to the hospital, got me all hooked up (I had my flippin' IV line in for 15 hrs before it got used, so that was fun) and we hurried up and waited.
For 12 hrs. Then, since the induction didn't quite go as well as hoped for, at 1 in the morning, they broke my water. 4 hrs and 15 minutes later, Kellen was finally out and being humble about his lung power. He just didn't want to cry that much! No one but the Dr. minded all that much!







No comments: