Friday, February 12, 2010

My Eternal Valentine

At lunch today Kyle told me he had a few things planned for our Valentine's evening out, so I was excited. Kyle's not a huge celebrator of holidays like I am, so I figured he just meant going out and maybe catching a movie. We haven't been to a movie together in awhile.

So, after lunch I did my normal(Thursday) activities, watching my shows and catching up on my sites. Then, at about 3:30, as I was about to go take a shower so I'd look nice for my husband, I heard the door opening. Looking out the window, I saw that Kyle's truck was back. What was he doing back? Why'd he take off work 1/2 hr early? So, I went into the kitchen, and what did my eyes behold, but a big red bag with roses and a monkey sticking out! But there was more! And here it is:



My giant bag was filled with a giant heart pillow, a stuffed monkey (which we gave to Kady, and she loves), some lemongrass aromatherapy from Bath and Body Works, a beautiful card with a gift certificate to get my nails done, Twilight candies, red roses (my favorite!), and a gift bag from Kays Jewelers, where we got my engagement ring! Inside that bag were two boxes: one with a gold chain for a necklace piece he'd given me for Christmas, and some gold earrings with lovely diamonds!

I love my present, but I love my husband even more! I tried telling him that I was sorry my present wasn't as good, and that I was planning on doing more housework and everything, but he stopped me and said "If you're happy, I could have nothing and be happy." Isn't he the best? He's more then made up for his past gift giving fiascoes.

So, all in all, I think Elizabeth Barrett Browning sums up how I feel about Kyle:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

1 comment:

Tara said...

aw! how sweet! that would pretty much cover up any previous gift fiascoes...good job kyle!