Thursday, October 13, 2011

The CGB visits the Apple Orchard!

And she's back! The CGB, or Cutest Guest Blogger is going to tell you about her week!

Hi, everybody!

What do you think of my new puppy? I love him very much, and he's great to take naps with!
In other news: My class went to an apple orchard last week!
First, we waited patiently for our tour guide!
We were very good waiters.
Then we followed her to the apple orchard!She told us that there were lots of different kinds of apples:
green ones and red ones and yellow ones!
We walked between some rows of apple trees.
We saw some trees that had lots and lots of apples.
We also saw some trees that the apple lady told us hadn't gotten enough water,
and they didn't really grow very good apples.
She picked a nice red apple to show us what a good apple looks like.
Then she pointed out some apples that had fallen to the ground that weren't so good.
When we got to the end of the rows, there was a fence to keep us out of the pond that was behind the orchard. And behind the pond were grape vines!
We also got to see some geese swimming in the pond!
Then we started walking back up towards where we had started, between two other rows of apples. Then the apple lady stopped us and showed us how to pick apples!
My teacher, Mrs. B, held me up high so I could reach a yummy apple!
I proudly showed my apple to Mommy.
And then I showed my apple to my friend Miriam, who had also picked an apple!
Then I picked an apple for Mommy. She liked it lots!
Then we walked by a barn with some tractors!
Then the apple lady showed us how they picked apples with a special bag!
It has a hole in the bottom but it folds up so they don't fall out until your bag is full,
then they unhook it,
And pour the apples into a box!
We headed back to the seating area

...and the apple lady gave us some grape juice from the grapes they had grown!
It was very yummy!
It would have been apple cider,
but they didn't have any because there weren't a lot of apple that grew this
year because there wasn't enough rain.

While we waited for the bus to come back we wandered around and played.
We even found a funny looking bug!
Then we got back on the bus and went back to school!
When I got home, I ate my apple at lunch. It tasted very good.
I love going to school, but I really love coming home and seeing Mommy and my Kellen.


No comments: